Most problems with a window and room air conditioner can be classified based on a few symptoms: they don’t cool enough, don’t turn on at all, or make noise. Here’s a closer look at how to fix and fix these problems.
The air conditioning does not cool down
You may need to recharge a refrigerant with an air conditioner that is not cooling,
Here are the steps to take:
- Unplug the drive and carefully remove it from the window or wall. Place the air conditioner somewhere outdoors or in the garage where you can work on it.
- Remove the grille and filter and unscrew the metal case (being careful not to damage the coil fins).
- Wash the filter thoroughly or replace it with a new one; Most air conditioner filters are readily available online or at home appliance repair shops.
- Using a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush, clean the coil fins.
- Spray water through the fins on the side of the fan (protect the wiring and motor with plastic).
- Clean the unit with a rag, making sure that all drains that allow condensed water to drip away from the unit are open. Let it dry completely.
- Apart from the unit, lubricate the motor and bearings according to the owner’s manual.
- Finally, reassemble and reinstall the unit.